QSC CMX500V Contractor Power Amplifier
Contractor "Flex-Use" Specific Features
The CMX Series is packed full of professional features that increase
performance and flexibility.
* "Flex-Use" loading options allow you to drive low-impedance loads down to 2 ohms and certain models to drive 70 and 100V distributed loudspeaker systems
* "Flex-Use" Input connectivity choices including actively balanced barrier strip, XLR, or 1/4" TRS
* "Flex-Use" Output connectivity choices include NL4 Speakon™ and detachable terminal block
* Rack mountable with chassis less than 16" or 40.6 mm deep
* 1 dB recessed, detented gain controls for fast, accurate and repeatable settings
* Tamper-proof security cover for gain controls
* Recessed rear DIP switches for easy selection of stereo, parallel, or bridged mode operation, and the additional choice of enabling/disabling low frequency filter protection
* Low-noise variable-speed fans with rear-to-front airflow keep amplifiers and racks cool
The New CMX Series is an economical and rugged power amplifier designed to meet the needs of system integrators. It is based upon the proven, rock-solid, reliable performance found in the award winning RMX Series. The CMX feature sets are designed for wide-ranging application in facilities such as performance halls, houses of worship, sports clubs, gymnasiums, dance venues, pubs, and FGM/BGM systems. The CMX Series provides unmatched performance, the right power for the job and an affordable price point.
Proven and Reliable Power Plant
CMX amplifiers incorporate everything QSC has learned in more than forty years of striving to deliver worry-free operations without failures. The design of these amplifiers starts with our world-class power supplies. The CMX uses a powerful, high-current toroidal transformer and filtering to ensure generous energy reserves. This allows the amplifiers to effortlessly handle high-level transients, even when driving abusive 2 ohm speaker loads.
The amplifier output sections feature rugged class AB and class H architecture depending on power level. Efficient class H output sections on the CMX800V and CMX2000V reduce AC current draw and cut down on waste heat.
All CMX amplifiers are protected from damage from shorted outputs. Automatic current limiting protects the amplifier from damage until the short is corrected.
CMX amplifiers also feature DC protection systems to prevent loudspeaker damage in the unlikely event of an output transistor failure. DC voltage from the power supply is never passed directly to your speakers, even in the event of an output circuit failure.
The CMX amplifiers deliver true and accurate studio-quality sound. A full complementary output circuit using high-grade linear output devices generates accurate, flat-frequency response with low distortion. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling high power output in a 2 rack unit chassis (3 RU for the CMX2000V). Unlike other designs, CMX output devices are directly mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling and cooling. The CMX Series is available in four models. Three 2-rackspace models range in power from 300 to 800 watts per channel at 4 ohms. One 3-rackspace model provides 2500 watts per channel at 2 ohms. All four models feature a compact chassis less than 16" deep.
The V in the model name designates the ability to directly drive 70-volt and/or 100-volt distributed loudspeakers. The CMX300V and CMX500V must be configured for bridged-mono operation in order to directly drive high-impedance systems while the CMX800V and 2000V may be used in either stereo or mono mode.
For installations requiring a transformer isolated output, the CMX has optional accessories to cover your needs.